
This month my Relief Society's book club is reading "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis. Before I left my parent's house last night, on my way back to Vegas, I flipped through my Dad's cd case for something to steal to listen to on the way home. He had this book on cd! Since it's our book club book this month I was very excited to borrow it and get started. I started listening to it on the way home and was instantly hooked! It is amazing! I find it so interesting and I think you would too if you read it. So, I highly recommend you give it a try. Here's what it's about:
"The story takes the form of a series of letters from a senior demon, Screwtape, to his nephew, a junior tempter named Wormwood, so as to advise him on methods of securing the damnation of an earthly man, known only as "the Patient."
After listening to only the first 1/4 of the book I feel like I understand Satan better and it kind of gets me worked up and anxious to do what's right and tick him off. Just reading this book makes me want to be better about my prayers, not just the frequency, but the content. It makes me want to focus in church and not judge others. It makes me want to be as happy as I can be, because I now see that all he wants is for me to be depressed and unhappy... he LOVES that.
The cd was too scratched to finish the 2nd disc, so I'm going to pick up the book tonight and probably start from the beginning and highlight my favorite parts. Seriously, I'm loving this book. (Thanks Lauren, for helping pick this book for book club)
3 comments:
Awwww, you didn't have to thank me but I'm so glad you like it! I love it too. It's even good after multiple reads because you can always use reminders. There are some great nuggets of wisdom.
WHen I moved into my new ward that is the book they read for book club. I will have to borrow it from you. It sounded very interesting when they discussed it.
this is one of my favorite books... i am a huge C.S. Lewis fan.
Post a Comment