Friday, November 14, 2008

JILL'S BIRTHDAY!!!!

TODAY is my sister Jill's birthday!!!!!

Jill- You are so amazing and my BEST FRIEND!
Here are a few cool things I've noticed about you
over the past 25 years we've known each other :)

You are VERY giving. You always want to help others and genuinly care

You are an amazing homemaker...which makes me nervous because I worry that Corey will get the idea that I should make him cookies and gourmet meals every day ; ) Ben is spoiled.

You are the best person to laugh with. I love hanging out and being goofy with you because you laugh at all my jokes and easily laugh to the point of tears. It's a lot of fun.

You are so cool because you have a motorcyle license and can fix anything around the house. I'm very jealous.

You are fearless. You backpacked through South Africa - BY YOURSELF, staying in hostels with strangers and bungee jumping off the highest bridge in Africa!

You have a firm and unwaivering testimony of the gospel. You are a great example to everyone around you.

You're always there for me. You're my shoulder to cry on. You're my cheerleader - oh and you have true cheerleader skill (from jr. high) haha!

You're a dits. Yes, it's something I like about you. You crack me up.

You have the most perfect little boy! Thank you for letting me come over almost every day to give him kisses and run around with him.

You are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you're genuinely shocked when people tell you so.
I'm so glad you are humble enough to hang out with us common folk.

You have a great sense of style.
I love borrowing your clothes (The ones that are big enough for me).

You didn't give up on me with running. It only took you 4 years to convince me to try it out and now I'm hooked.


You're soooo smart, that you even skipped 7th grade!!... and STILL got straight A's!

You're very athletic. You can throw a mean football, pack a powerful uppercut, shread through the mountain on your snowboard and have ran a marathon, multiple half marathons and won a triathlon relay with you as the swimmer. Dang girl!


THANKS FOR BEING SUCH A GREAT BEST FRIEND.








12 comments:

Aaron and Jen Budge said...

Ahhhh.. Happy birthday JILL!!!! I loved all the old photos. How much fun is it look back???

Jillian said...

I love you too! That was very sweet and thoughtful of you. Thanks for being such a GREAT sister.

LindsayLoo said...

Oh Happy Birthday Jillian!! I miss you guys this is a great post Kim thanks!!

Mark and Aubrey said...

Happy Bday Jill! I didn't realize you were so adventurous. These pictures are so adorable.

Marisa said...

Happy Birthday Jill!!! I think you're pretty amazing too and hope you had a wonderful day!

Melissa Astin said...

Happy birthday Jill!!!

Brenda E said...

Happy Birthday Jill! I hope you have a great celebration. I can't believe you are 25. You did a great job with the bday post Kim. I love the oldie but moldie pictures. I thought about Donna, Carol, and I and how much crazy fun we have had throughout the years. There is nothing that can ever replace those good ol family fun times. I especially loved the time we went to DC and Pennsylvania together on a road trip. We had tears in our eyes from laughing most of the time. The were a little frightened of my Mario Andretti driving. Obviously we survived.

Rachel Rene Stephenson said...

Kim, Kimmy, Kim, Kim, YOU are the best! I LOVE your "Ode to Jill" That is so very sweet! Just don't forget that YOU are just as wonderful!!!!
--mom--

Jessica said...

This is really sweet Kim:) Happy Birthday Jillian!

Summers Family said...

Sisters are the best. And I agree you have a keeper. Happy B-day Jill

Riva said...

Wow -- there's so much I never knew about Jillian! She's so modest, thanks for spilling the beans! But it was always obvious of how nice she is! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Nicole Cave said...

I can almost see my and Aub in the background hanging out with you guys when we were little...I love the old pictures. Jill and Kim you are both great. I remember days when you weren't all that close and I kept saying just give it time...you guys will learn to appreciate eachother and be one another's best friends. Now look at you!! There is a reason why we have the siblings we do...I feel the same way about my sisters' and brother. They are some of my best friends. I am glad we all live so close...you both always crack me up and I am pround to be related to you!