Monday, May 12, 2008

In case you didn't know... I'm a goof ball.

Yesterday after church I was laying on the love sac in our tv room and Corey came up to me to give me a hug and I got up and ran from him (sometimes I do this... I don't know why, I think it's hillarious). He usually will chase me and catch me and we laugh... we're odd. ANYWAY, yesterday I did this and Corey said "I WILL TRAP IT" (he calls me "It" sometimes). He cornered me in the tv room and the only escape I could see was jumping onto the love sac then to the couch and over.

Half way over the couch I realized that there wasn't as much bounce in the couch as I thought and I knew I wasn't going to make it. I fell over the back side of the couch into the tile floor next to the kitchen table and a chair toppled over me. Corey rushed over and thought for sure I had a broken arm. My arm is sore and my knee is scraped and bruised but my foot is what really got damaged. I tried to catch all my weight on my left foot and my toes were backwards and not in a good position for breaking a fall. My foot, down by my first 2 toes, is black and blue and swollen.

I went to the Dr. today and they did an x-ray and found that I have a chipped bone by my big toe and second toe. I have been ordered to use crutches and stay off of it for at least 10 days and to ice it for the next 48 hours. I am really bummed that I won't be able to train for the triathlon or half marathon until this is healed! I guess this is what I get for being a goof ball and thinking I'm still young and agile. ; )

Corey made this to show you what it looks like...


13 comments:

Theresa said...

I find myself taking pics of all the most random stuff as well now that I'm a blogger too. I found out last year that I had broken my foot 2 years before,... ended up having surgery last year at the beginning of the year and am only now getting back to full speed. my muscles still don't extend the full length,.. I'm glad I'm able to finally get back into the habit of running again though,.. It's really hard to get back to it when you had to avoid that kind of exercise for 6 months while it healed.

Brenda E said...

The price you pay for love. What a joy!

Mark and Aubrey said...

haha... when I told Mark you had hurt your foot jumping over the couch he said "I bet she was running away from Corey"...he was so right.

The Olsen Family said...

OUCH! I feel your pain. I was trying to step over our gates from the kitchen to the family room. Well my toe caught in a box that was waiting to go outside and over I went. Needless to say I DID NOT go to the Doctor but I had pretty much the same result and sometimes I do something to injure the toe again and again. I think I may have broken something or at least ripped a tendon. Even if I had gone to the Doc there would be no way I could use crutches for 10 days having 2 kids with a 3rd on the way. I love that Corey tries to catch you, it's great to have that fun love still. Cameron and I are lucky enough to still have some and we have 3 kids. There's always time to laugh and have fun in a marriage, if you don't what's the point? Being goofy together is something we married people have the luxury of never getting over. Sorry about your toe though at least you won't have to worry about children knocking into it or hurting it even worse. Get well soon.

Marisa said...

Ouch! I'm glad you guys have soo much fun but maybe it's time to intstall bubble wrap all over your house... like that one comercial.

Alec and Tiffany said...

Haha...so sorry but so funny. I love reading all of your posts. I hope your foot gets feeling better!

Courtney M said...

In all your posts Corey sounds like the nicest husband ever!

Jillian said...

Kim, you are so crazy. I hope your toe gets better soon. I miss my running buddy.

Nicole Cave said...

I like your shrek foot!! So attractive!

Mary Stuart said...

That is a good story about the intruder! I was very happy to see you and Jill at the shower on Sat. Sorry if I poked your toe too hard!!!

Britt and Rick said...

that's a funny story! But I am sorry to hear about the pain Corey caused "it"! Hope you are healing well!

Britt and Rick said...

I want to share a story so I will... Wen I was pregnant with Jake a picture fell on me and I had to get stitches in my forehead. I went around school telling everyone my husband did it!

Amanda said...

Ow girl...that's so sad. I hope you get better soon. At least you have a good story!!!